Website consultant – be the best website designer, give online support, help clients on goggle analytics and charge a fee Tutoring – look at youth counselling, proposal writing, business plans, Cv writing
Kenya’s housing demand is way below targets. So many citizens are either living in deplorable conditions or pumping their money into some abysmal hole called rent. And they could do anything just to own their very own houses.
Who said that electioneering period must be a bad omen for the business community? Far from it – Here are some positive ways you can adopt to keep your business afloat.
The potential to grow your business into an empire that matches or surpasses that of great business magnates such as Jeff Bezos, Anne Mulcahy, Brad Smith, Howard Schultz , Larry Page is very much within your reach!
Trailblazing Optiven Group CEO George Wachiuri is now the Best Entrepreneur – Africa 2017 – Diaspora Entertainment Awards & Recognition (D.E.A.R) awards.
The human mind thirsts for a good book the same way the sword yearns for a perfect grindstone, if it is to keep its edge forever as sharp.
Some say Ksh 1,000 is not enough to start any business in Kenya, but there are several businesses, which thrive in Kenya that started with such small investments. The following are businesses to start with Ksh 1,000 – Ksh 5,000 in Kenya
Doing business is not child play and one mistake can bring you down to square one. It is good to have a role model whom you study from a far and learn how they run successful business empires.
Good morning my great fans. Let us thank God for giving us yet another Day. This is a priceles gift.Do it yourself – A friend of mine was sharing with me on how he started a TV Station called YOUTH TV. He explained to me how in the the first one year he was the designer, producer, photographer, youth mobilizer, accountant and he was literally everything. He had difficulties but today his digital youth TV have got hundreds of followers. Yes, you can start something and do it yourself. I personally have done it and it works. I challenge you to start and you will see how creative you can be within you. In fact you are already a resource by yourself. You are a human capital so you have the capital right now. Make yourself flexible and turn your dreams into action, activities and eureka, you will be doing business transactions.
Work from home. Wah! You are asking, George HOW? Yes , it’s possible, where you sleep at night can be converted into an office during the day. You save on office rent, government licences since you already paid house rent. I remember I used to be a car agent and all what I required was Internet and a list of my friends
Creativity – try something new and do not copy others. This will make you different and unique and hence ability to compete well in the market place. When thinking of a business to engage in, explore options and do a thorough evaluation. Have a list of your dream businesses, shortlist the top five and come up with one that align with your passion and zeal. It is good to settle on a business venture that you can do even if you are not paid for it
George Wachiuri is the founder and C.E.O Optiven Group. He is an astute Business man & Entrepreneur, Author, Motivator, Philanthropist,Lecturer, serves in the Church as an Elder among others.
- Currently Pursuing PhD Degree at Jomo Kenyatta University of Technology (JKUAT)
- Masters of Business Administration from University of Nairobi
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Option)
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K).
- Awarded a global award in the US Mashujaa Awards (Business & Entrepreneurship category) as the Best & Most Innovative Entrepreneur.
- Awarded the Best & Most Entrepreneurial Student at the University of Nairobi in 1997.
- Over 17 Years working experience
- Worked with International firms e.g. United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF), International Organization for Migration (IOM), Lutheran World Federation (LWF), World Vision Somalia (WVS), And leading local companies like Uchumi Chain of Supermarkets
- He has lectured at Daystar University
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA)
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Property Developers Association
- A member of board of Brookhurst International School
George Wachiuri has authored three books
- First one titled – Soaring like an Eagle
- Second one – Unleash your Full potential
- George has authored the third book Heal our land in Collaboration with Sam Okello From Sahel Publishers
The proceeds from these Books go to Optiven Foundation, a charity that gives back to the Society through Sponsoring Bright needy average Students, Promotion of Health, Poverty alleviation, among others.”
Your success depend on your attitude towards life. You are able to be what you want. You have the capacity within you to be the best. You can be a person of great influence. You are the best God ever created. Read this book and your life will never be the same again. You will be extremely encouraged. It will make you change your perception about your own life…
The Book costs Ksh 1,000 at Tuskys Supermarkets or from the author at Optiven Ltd , Barclays Plaza, 14th Floor
They Never Fail To Lead. Bold leaders lead. They set an example for the rest of their team to follow. They don’t expect more of their team than they do of themselves. Bold leaders are always in front exhibiting the commitment and the work ethic that shines the way forward.
They Are Never Lukewarm. Bold leaders are also people with passion. When their gut tells them that their mission is on target they explode with enthusiasm that carries others along with them.
Your persistence is your believe in yourself. Love yourself, go to the mirror and talk to yourself. Tell yourself that you are Gods best on earth. Walk like a King/Queen. Have self confidence. When you are down. Wake up and go. Do not stay there. ..oh…I am JUST A FORM 4….so what? Go to college and pursue your education. I am Just a graduate in sociology. ..Do your masters . ..NOWADAYS THERE ARE NO JOBS….go out there
- The key to great physical health is to eat less and exercise more every day. Morning exercise is preferred.
- Top performers work-out for not less than 30 minutes a day
- Avoid going to Bed immediately after eating. Have at least three hours gap
- Finally get regular medical check ups. The same way you take your car to gurage, take yourself for check up.
If you follow this I assure you that you will stay alert, feel better, get more motivated, feel fresh and you will live enthusiastic life.
- Self made billionaires work 7 days in a week
- Hard work open more success doors (I will serialise a story soon of a class four dropout was selling mitumba in ngara and he now import cars and he just bought his second house in the up-market)
- Research shows that an average person waste 50 % of their time.
- Today make a point of reclaiming three hours. .how? Inbox me and I will explain
- If you work in the office set up, avoid early morning meetings
I wish you a great day as you refocus your life.
- Goal setting gives you focus and concentration
- Goal setting enhance your ability and clarity on what you want
- Goal setting guides you on what you want in life
- Goal setting answers the question “why I am here? “
- Goal setting reprogram your subconscious mind
- Every minute spent in planning saves 10 minutes when implementing
- Planning improves your productivity by 25 per cent
- Remember to prioritize your tasks
- Eliminate the task that you can delegate
- Make deliberate efforts to make a list of things to do
Remember to make a list of things to do a night before.
- Set a smart goal of financial independence
- Develop a saving culture
- Ensure you always save 15 to 20 per cent of your income end if you earn as little as X shillings.
- Investigate before investment
Lesson ending quote. .”making money is like digging in the sand with a pin and loosing it is like pouring water on sand”
There is no shortage of money but what we suffer from is mediocre thinking or totally lack of thinkers, refusal of people to think and letting your mind to remain blank. Avoid visionless life, avoid facing tomorrow with a blank mind. Do something. Do not just wait for nature to favour you. Change it the way you want. Create something and be the driver of your life. Refuse to be the passenger. Be creative and change the world.
Real Story: I was
Wealthy people are motivated to work more, yet they have wealth that can run three or four generations. Why do they do so?
I once met a very wealth senior citizens of over 80 years in Navaisha. I was told about him and I decided to go and see him. On contacting him, I was given a 6 a.m appointment. I thought it was early for such a man who is advanced in age. I arrived in his hotel near limuru at exactly 6.05am.
To my surprise he had left since I was late. I persuaded