Success takes action and taking good and appropriate action takes skills. Skills are abilities that lead to individual performance.They are intentional and are practiced and others we learn from general life experience. Skills require years of focus and these are the 3 main skills;
1. Thinking skills
- Futuristic thinking ability to look beyond the present.
- Decision making ability to make informed choices.
- Problem Solving ability to analyse and deal with problems effectively.
- Creativity ability to combine ideas and new unique ways of producing results.
2. Achieving skills
- Self management – Ability to prioritise goals and decide what needs to be done.
- Personal accountability ability to take self initiative for your decisions.
- Flexibility ability to change plans and adapt to the new situation.
- Resilience ability to keep going.
3. Relating skills
- Empathy ability to identify and understand the emotions of others.
- Diplomacy and tact ability to treat others fairly. Be fair.
- Interpersonal ability to connect with others in a positive way.
- Persuasion ability to convince others and
- Negotiation skills ability to convert.
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.