Work on your mental capacity, read a book per week. Build up your home library and develop a reading culture. Read for 2 hours daily…. George Wachiuri, how can I get 2 hours and life is extremely busy
The human mind thirsts for a good book the same way the sword yearns for a perfect grindstone, if it is to keep its edge forever as sharp.
Some say Ksh 1,000 is not enough to start any business in Kenya, but there are several businesses, which thrive in Kenya that started with such small investments. The following are businesses to start with Ksh 1,000 – Ksh 5,000 in Kenya
Doing business is not child play and one mistake can bring you down to square one. It is good to have a role model whom you study from a far and learn how they run successful business empires.
- Goal setting gives you focus and concentration
- Goal setting enhance your ability and clarity on what you want
- Goal setting guides you on what you want in life
- Goal setting answers the question “why I am here? “
- Goal setting reprogram your subconscious mind
- Every minute spent in planning saves 10 minutes when implementing
- Planning improves your productivity by 25 per cent
- Remember to prioritize your tasks
- Eliminate the task that you can delegate
- Make deliberate efforts to make a list of things to do
Remember to make a list of things to do a night before.
- Set a smart goal of financial independence
- Develop a saving culture
- Ensure you always save 15 to 20 per cent of your income end if you earn as little as X shillings.
- Investigate before investment
Lesson ending quote. .”making money is like digging in the sand with a pin and loosing it is like pouring water on sand”
There is no shortage of money but what we suffer from is mediocre thinking or totally lack of thinkers, refusal of people to think and letting your mind to remain blank. Avoid visionless life, avoid facing tomorrow with a blank mind. Do something. Do not just wait for nature to favour you. Change it the way you want. Create something and be the driver of your life. Refuse to be the passenger. Be creative and change the world.
Real Story: I was
Wealthy people are motivated to work more, yet they have wealth that can run three or four generations. Why do they do so?
I once met a very wealth senior citizens of over 80 years in Navaisha. I was told about him and I decided to go and see him. On contacting him, I was given a 6 a.m appointment. I thought it was early for such a man who is advanced in age. I arrived in his hotel near limuru at exactly 6.05am.
To my surprise he had left since I was late. I persuaded
- Get people who inspire you
- Get those friends who think big, behave big, walk big,attempt big things and have great confidence.
- Have mentors that challenges you, follow them on Facebook, blogs, read their books, study their behaviours and learn from them.
- Have a few individuals connectors that have got or have access to economic capital, social capital that you can confidently tap
- Identify eagles that will teach you how to fly. Behave like them, dine with them, attend their forums,seminars that they are key note speakers etc
I remember when i was in class seven and i was performing dismally in my rural school. I was not worried as most of my friends were those that were number five and below from the bottom of the class list. I had no mentor other that those friends and i had no clue about the future. One day i saw my brother who did very well in class and he joined form one.The joining of form one came with goodies such as new trouser, new shoes and nice metal box.
Do not spend money, invest it.
Our company Optiven Limited was buying a property in machakos from an elderly lady. Looking at her you could not tell for sure if she was the owner. She was a simple lady carrying a simple kikuyu bag “kiondo” I decided to ask her how she acquired the 50 acre property. She smiled and told me a very inspiring story. To cut the long storyn short, she had bought that property in 1983 and kept if for that long. What we paid her was at 4000 per cent more.
Always treat time with care and please do not waste it whatsover – Time is a more valuable than Gold or even money. Do not forget this, plan for it and do not be an open book to do just what comes on your way Do not just work! Work like a Pro – Work smart and win. Always avoid doing work to fill in your day. Ensure you evaluate what you do at the end of the day. Work for results and be
Self made millionaires create several revenue streams and I would like you to consider a few examples;
If you are selling your products in retail consider doing wholesale – Look at greater market, open up your mind and take advantage of open borders, rapid population growth, county government opportunities, seize the oil and gas dollars awaited to flow in the next few years, the billions to
Dress nicely– you need to look good. Ensure that you feel good before you leave the house. Always affirm yourself and you will see the difference in your inner self confidence Have a good hygiene – take care of personal appearance. For gentleman it may be necessary to visit your barber on weekly basis
Stop comparing yourself- remember that we are all different. – Yes you were classmates, workmates, twins or even brothers but you are unique. You are different. Stop discouraging yourself by comparing yourself with others. Just learn from each other. If you find that George Wachiuri Authored a book or He is creating jobs to Kenyans, make efforts to learn from Him and not considering yourself worthless because