We thank the Kenya Government for giving the port of Mombasa a priority. This will transform the way we do business. It will also open up the East Africa Economies. This is a summary picture on what will happen on or before December 2016.
- The port will be an equivalent of Roterrdam port.
- The cargo uptake will be above 30 percent by railway. We shall have less trucks along mombasa road.
- Cargo will arrive to the warehouses faster and much cheaper
- We shall experience less roads accidents and less roads damage. This will increase efficiency
- For entrepreneurs. ..you may consider investing in big warehouses in Naivasha, Nairobi, Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi. Employers will be looking at certain individuals who have done warehousing courses. Opportunities will upon up like ground nuts hah!
- The port will increase capacity to 11,000,000 Metric tones by December 2014. This is amazing! It will bigger comparing with Singapore port. If you are an entrepreneur look up for opportunities for lifting this cargo, ict systems on managing stocks, if you are in transport, double your trucks numbers
- The Mombasa will achieve 70 % throughtput through the green channel. This will be comparable with Port of Flexitowe
My clarion call to entrepreneurs is to keep your eyes open, search information, network more and seize opportunities.
I am humbled that I have been invited to witness the great signing of this great initiative on Monday at KPA Mombasa at 9 am. His excellency the president and His Deputy will be at the forefront to witness this great event. Stay tuned. Kenya is destined for greatness!