You can take this quick fact to the bank. Kiambu County is one of the most strategic counties in Kenya. And here are some 10 Reasons why this County is the Best place to invest in today.
- Great Infrastructure: Kiambu has a great road network. With a total of 2,033.8 km of roads under bitumen standards, 1,480.2 km under gravel surface and 430.1 km under earth surface, this county is well networked. Thika-Nairobi highway cuts across the County as well as the Eastern Bypass. Kiambu also has 131 km of railway line and four railway stations in Ruiru, Thika, Kikuyu and Limuru towns.
- Proximity to Kenya’s Capital City: The proximity to the City of Nairobi has seen this County become the preferred leafy suburb for those who want to keep in touch with Nairobi but with a preference to rest in leafy and tranquil fringes outside the hustle and bustle of the city
- Financial Institutions: Kiambu has a total of 17 commercial banks with branches well distributed within the County. In addition, the County has eight microfinance institutions, one building society, four village banks and 12 insurance companies.
- Mobile Network: Mobile network coverage is estimated at 98 percent
- Vibrant Commerce: The County has a total of 2,517 trading centers with 6,634 registered retail traders and 750 registered wholesale traders.
- Post Offices: There are 19 post offices and 14 sub-post offices which are distributed across the county
- Education Institutions: The County hosts 9 top Kenyan universities include Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Mt. Kenya University, St. Paul’s University, Gretsa University, Presbyterian University of East Africa, Zitech University, Kiriri Women‘s Science and Technology University as well as a number of tertiary colleges.It also hosts 2 campuses namely University of Nairobi Kikuyu campus and Kenyatta University, Ruiru campus. Kiambu also currently has 303 secondary schools (227 public and 76 private). The County hosts some of the best schools including Nova Pioneer, Alliance Boys High School, Alliance Girls School, Mangu High School, Loreto Girls High School, Limuru Girls High School, Mary Hill Girls amongst others. Further, the county has 934 primary schools and about 1,595 ECD centers.
- Presence of Top Real Estate Firms: Some of Kenya’s top real estate firms such as Optiven Group have now invested billions of money in ultra-modern projects in Kiambu County. Optiven’s latest project in Kiambu County Amani Ridge – The Place of Peace, is an ultra-modern Mini-City that neighbours Nova Pioneer, Tatu City. As one of Optiven Group’s prime projects, it located only 3.2kms off Kiambu-Kamiti Road and is easily accessible from Kiambu Road and Thika Super-Highway, via the Eastern By-Pass.
Data courtesy of Kiambu County Government.
George Wachiuri is an Entrepreneur, a Philanthropist, a Motivational Speaker and the CEO, Optiven Group. To get more details on how you can invest with Optiven Ltd. Kindly talk to us via 0702 831083 , 0738 831083, Email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.optiven.co.ke