Here are some quick goal-setting tips that can guide you towards a much more successful year 2018. They have worked for me over the years. I call them the six ‘Fs’ of Life:
Create time every day for prayers, to read the word of God, to thank God, to deepen your faith. Spare about 20 or more minutes on this, 7 days a week
- Read God’s Word every day
- Pray every day say 15 to 20 min per day
- Attend and participate in a place of worship at least once per week.
Create a habitual goal of 10% savings, 10% tithe. Make sure you have saved before spending. If you start this in January and for instance you earn Kshs50, 000 a month, you will save Kshs 60, 000 per year and if you reinvest in TB, it will earn you another 10%. Just do this for the next 10 years and you will surely have joined the league of wealthy persons.
- Save 10% every month – do a standing order to a Sacco or a joint savings account.
- Reinvest the savings every time you save up to Kshs 50,000.
- Save up to Kshs 20, 000 per month, for instance, and invest in buying land which you will build in 3 years.
Build solid friendship, networks that work for you. Create time to build up these friendships, attend networking forums. Dedicate resources to giving back to the less fortunate in the society.
- Have 5 friends whom you can count on and who can count on you in return.
- Visit and give to two children homes every 6 months
- Volunteer in a charity organization such as Optiven Foundation for one week in 2018
- Donate 2% of your annual income to Charity or a foundation such as optivenfoundation.org
You need time to exercise at least 5 days per week. Set time to always wake up early, wake up in style as you visualize, meditate, think and welcome the day with positive Mental Attitude (PMA).
- Wake up at 4am and visualize for 12 min
- Read for 1 hour (mental fitness)
- Exercise for 30 min ( body fitness)
Plan days to have ‘Me Time.’ Plan holidays and slot dates, have key dates such as Valentine, birthday, wedding anniversary and plan for them as early as now.
- To have a 3 days holiday in Mombasa or Naivasha or Mt. Kenya Safari Club,
- Spend Valentine with your close one at an amazing place
Have quality time with your loved ones, spending time means you minus your phone, newspaper, news watching etc.
- Spend 30 min daily with your children, 4 days in a week.
- Have coffee with your spouse every Wednesday. Two of you less the smart phones or any other form of distraction.
- Have dinner together on the same dining table with the family, say every Wednesday and Saturday.
George Wachiuri is an Entrepreneur, a Philanthropist, a Motivational Speaker and the CEO, Optiven Group. To get more details on how you can invest with Optiven Ltd. Kindly talk to us via 0702 831083 , 0738 831083, Email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.optiven.co.ke