The big question is why should an enterprise consider creativity and innovation? I have found that these two are key ingredients with immense benefits for those that are keen to embrace and roll out both.
In terms of purpose, Creativity and innovation helps develop new ways of improving an existing product or service to optimize the business. This also allows space to think outside the box and beyond the traditional solutions. Through this opportunity new, interesting, potential yet versatile ideas come up.
I prefer to see creativity as conceiving something new, an idea or a method of doing things, mostly differently. By doing this, one is able to solve problems faster and easier. The catch especially for creative companies is that they do not stop but keep improving on their creativity.
On the other hand, innovation has to do with thinking and practice of ideas. It is about making the idea work. It is a new method, idea, product that can be touched.
There are a number of benefits in embracing creativity and innovation. Some of these include:-
- Identification of new opportunities. The market and enterprise space loves new ideas and innovation.
- Ability to embrace challenges and handle risks is also a benefit that is key to grow and expand a business.
- It is also an avenue of creating new products and ways of service and product delivery through continuous innovation.
- It also stimulates the mind as you are always on the move, creating and innovating continuously. Let your mind be stimulated for the right reasons to enjoy this benefit.
Through understanding the benefits, it is then time to harness how to increase and improve on our creativity and innovation.
- Engage open mindedness and thinking. It is about trying new things, embracing new ideas, listening, listening and listening.
- Malcolm Forbes, American Entrepreneur and brains behinds the world reknown Forbes Magazine says, “Diversity is the art of thinking independently together”. It is about including different people all who have different capacities, perspectives and abilities to tap in their potential.
- Be constant in having brainstorming sessions among the teams because this is where ideas whizz and later become ideas to develop.
The place of creativity and innovation also provides a number of experiences for the team.
- It does improve the brand’s recognition and value
- It attracts partnerships and relationships largely because everyone wants to be associated with success.
- It also improves profitability and reduces a company’s turnover.
At the end of the day remember, An innovation process consists of two main activities: creativity and innovation. Creativity involves the generation of novel and useful ideas while innovation entails the implementation of these ideas into new products and processes.
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.