Jeff Bezos was doing an interview on how Amazon beat other companies? He answered saying that his secret was relentless innovation. What is innovation? Innovation is not a big vocabulary but it simply means change and doing things differently. The role of innovation is key because doing things the way we did will not bring different results.
The world is different and if you are not innovative, you will be left behind. It is now important to react to new change by increasingly discovering new things innovatively. Innovators do things differently and in the opposite get new opportunities. Innovation enhances our competitive advantage in the industry we serve through unique relentless innovation.
5 types of innovation
- Product – What we sell is a product, what we offer is a service. Keep the thoughts moving alongside repackaging.
- Service – Always exceed the customer’s expectation. The world of today the customer is so informed and have power to make decisions faster. Package service to determine whether your achieve the competitive advantage.
- Process – Companies that will survive continuously improve the process of how they are doing business. Through technology, automation, improved processes are all part of process.
- Management – It is about coming out with new strategies, structures and systems. These three are needed for survival of any company.
- Open System – Working beyond boundaries and increasing collaborations.
How do you remain innovative?
- Invest in digital talent. Know how things work such as TikTok.
- Embrace big date. Big data is equals to big data and use it to market.
- Encourage flexibility and collaboration. Build up partnerships, work with people, come together which is just the beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success.
- Embrace change. Be it innovation, how we work and much more change.
How to make yourself innovative
- Start Conducting Stand-Up Meetings – Your entire energy changes when you’re standing. Convert one of your meetings to a standing one and watch the momentum, enthusiasm, and action soar.
- Surround Yourself With Inspiration – Whenever you see something from the big wide world that captures your attention, put it on display.
- Get a Buddy – Innovation rarely happens in a vacuum. Pick a colleague you feel comfortable with and make yourselves accountable to each other.
- Pick Small Projects – Often, it’s lots of small, novel things that add up to make a huge difference. The benefits to small-scale innovation are huge. Not only do they happen quickly and (most often) without a lot of fuss, they also garner the interest and attention of both your team and organization.
- Flip Your Assumptions – We all have things we do with our eyes shut. It’s part of what makes us excel at our jobs, but also part of what blinds us to opportunities. Over the course of the day, identify all the tasks you do without thinking.
- Bring it to Life – Stop talking and start building! Put your thoughts into words, your words into pictures, and your pictures into prototypes.
- Ban Things – Though it may sound counterintuitive, having constraints and parameters actually inspire innovation by forcing you to think dynamically and creatively.
- Get Out of the Office
- Fuel Up on Creativity
- Ask Yourself “What Would My Hero Do?” – Then go ahead and be innovative.