The new normal is constantly being re-defined by the fast-changing practices that are being brought about by the current Covid-19 pandemic. Some of the new normal routines that we must cope with include:
- Virtual Leadership Skills: Leaders and managers must learn how to lead and manage virtual teams.
- Working from home Effectively: This involves achieving your expected goals and by extension keeping your job.
- Social Disruption: On social aspect, there is no more shaking of hands, hugs, kisses and coming near each other even when interacting with your relatives or close friends.
- Different Spiritual Approach – For spiritual gatherings, people are now getting used to virtual preaching, virtual fellowship, and virtual bible study yet keeping the spiritual focus
- New Marketing Rules: For business people and entrepreneurs, there is no more passing of business cards, handing out of brochures and other printed marketing materials. Indeed, there is less and less physical networking business forums
- Lesser Non-verbal Communication: We are now getting used to not seeing people’s smiles due to masks at all times. Non-verbal communication is now less visible for interpretation
So, how do we cope?
- Adapt and adopt the new normal: Learn quickly so that you may be able to remain relevant in these fast changing times.
- Journalize your experiences: This will cool down your feelings of anxiety and uncertainty, especially during such times.
- Create a space in your home: Have a space that you can comfortably work from, a place that you can also easily be participating in online meetings. Ensure you have home internet to cope with all these abrupt changes happening fast and furious.
- Always stay connected to others: Your family, your colleagues, your spiritual networks among others. Be a source of hope to your networks.
- Stay informed and not alarmed: Feed your mind with positive information. Get information from the right sources, always double check the information before sharing.
The author, is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.