The role of leaders is to make the people they lead to be much better. Secondly, a leader should always purpose to develop other leaders and manage resources and not the other way round
How do you Equip those under you?
- You must always CARE for them. This involves the following 4 key elements: (Communication, Affirmation, Recognition & set a good Example)
- Many times over, you will learn that the people whom you lead may not always be perfect. Be always set to help improve their points of weakness. One best way to bring them back on track is to always discipline them in secret and award them in public.
- Learn to always refuel, give yourself a me-time, learn the things that re-energize you and tap into them, then even more importantly, learn to focus on what matters most, at any give time.
- Buy-in your organization’s vision, goals and targets. Own them. Be the number one brand champion at all times.
- Become a more resourceful person. Create a good working environment around you, constantly train those under you, support them at all time and just always be there as their leader.
- You must always make your expectations clear. Be always available and easy at explaining your expectations verbally. Do this the best way you know how.
- You must be ready to always remove the unnecessary burdens from your team. This will allow them to focus on what matters most for the greater success of your team.
- If you notice someone whom you lead doing something exemplary, reward them and give them a positive feedback. They will try and perform even better next time.
George Wachiuri: A Leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group
Contact Optiven Group: 0790 300 300