This is the determination, resilience and focus towards results. Majority of us live in the past, but with this you can’t conquer the future. We must let go of sunken costs and think of the future.
What comes to mind when you think of a winners mindset?
- See challenges as opportunities – Think of possibilities amidst the challenge. Don’t drown in your challenge. When one door shuts another opens.
- Success is a step to more success – Yes you have succeeded but don’t over celebrate. This is why the comfort zone is dangerous.
- Failure is an opportunity to grow – Otherwise failure will lead you to depression. Look for the opportunity I’m the failure.
- Learn and develop – Look for new things to learn continuously. Wisdom, understanding and knowledge leads to success and shine our stars.
Why it’s important to develop a winning mindset
- To change your life -Where are you today and what do you want to become? What are you doing about it? Whatever it is you can do it.
- Pathway to achieve your goals – Do not give up in the middle, like a marathon keep going for life is not a sprint.
- Arrive at the horizon of success – Positive attitude and a winning mindset will move you to the horizon of success.
How can we develop a winning mindset?
- Fight with opposing forces that test your will power – Procrastinating, indecisiveness, laziness, negative energy, idleness, failure and other such forces. Fight them
- Motivation – You are capable of motivating yourself every other opportunity. Fear or rewards are the two things you receive as outcomes.
- Push beyond your comfort zone.
- Keep your energy high.
- No risk no reward – Jump off the cliff. Go to the island, burn the boat and stay on the island.
- Have a growth mindset by feeding the positive
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.