Ability is also defined as capacity capability and aptitude. There are many times we fall short of meeting our targets and aspirations because we believe we are incapable. How then do you determine and work on being able?
Start by stopping to replay your negative thoughts in your mind. These thoughts tell you “I am not able, I am not like so and so, I am not enough.” Your task is to curtail these thoughts to be able . You can also choose to construct a positive environment for yourself.
This is because for you to achieve results you have to do things in a particular way. Next, visualise your success – touch it, see it. What can you see in the future? What targets have you set and can you see them? You never achieve good results unless you like what you are doing. While all the above strategies are helpful for all of us in living out our capabilities, we also need to learn to do so boldly. The question then becomes…
HOW CAN YOU BUILD BOLDNESS?
- Many people loose their targets because of the fear – The reality is that only bold people achieve results and meet targets. How do they do it?
- Stop being nice to yourself. Step out in the uncomfortable zone – it may mean injury, embarrassment, or other happenings. However, remember no results come from a silver platter.
- You must be proactive – Create time to think about what you can do best. Discover new ways of doing things. Ask your audience to take action for example on a certain proposition that you may have made.
- Garner ability to learn – Read books, study and look for ways to improve yourself and how you can make yourself better. Use challenges as opportunities to learn because the world is looking for people who offer solutions
- Have a growth mindset and take feedback to grow – After all you are the sum of your total thoughts
- Execute – Ability to execute your target is necessary. How? Build unity by bringing people together and adapt a WE mentality. Secondly, give feedback as part of your responsibility. Next, make decisions because ideas are worth nothing unless they are executed. Visionary strategy and focus are also not enough unless they are executed.
- In conclusion, a good plan must be executed for greater results. Now let us be BOLD, we can do it.
The author, is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.