Farmers are planners because nothing happens by accident. Similarly nothing comes easily. Patience is a virtue. Farmers till, plant, water, harvest and sell then the cycle begins. Good things come to those who wait.
- Farmers are negotiators on price and take the best deal. No is not an answer keep pushing by treating stakeholders well.
- Farmers solve problems as they arise. In the midst of problems be an encouraging voice, and deal with issues as they come.
- Farmers are knowledgeable always learning new things and are experts. Be an all rounder.
- Farmers often have student mentality thus a willingness to embrace new structures, technology, environment and new methods of doing things.
- Farmers are sales people because they go where they make sales, network, and with target market.
- Farmers are organized and orderly.
- Farmers are great in numbers which leads to better accountability.
How can you tell you are ok?
- Achieve your target
- Have an eye for improvement
- Go beyond the usual assignment
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.