Time and again, it has been said that honesty is the central idea that catapults growth. It has been defined as, ‘ the facet of moral character that connotes and connects integrity. Other schools of thoughts describe honesty as thinking in a straight forward manner, the absence of lying or cheating.
How can we demonstrate honesty?
- Always think before you speak
- Say what you mean and mean what you say
- Tell it as it is – sugarcoating can be expensive including the possibility of loss
- Be keen on the details
Why is honesty important?
- It will make you shine and take you to the next level
- It builds up loyalty and allegiance
- It’s a base for sincerity and trustworthiness
- It opens gates with links to the right people
- It reduces stress, depression and anxiety
- It builds trust and keeps you out of trouble
At the end of the day, honesty is the first step towards greatness.
The author, is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.