What do you do to ensure that you are moving forward? Everyone gets into a situation where they feel stuck sometimes! Even those really successful people who might initially look like they have it all, struggle with this. When those feelings strike and you find yourself flat, unmotivated, and despondent about what you’re trying to achieve, it can be really tough to move forward.
It’s tempting to blame others and become the least productive manifestation of yourself, focusing on anger, frustration, and anxiety. However, there are ways to tap into your hope and overcome the obstacles that make you feel most stuck and unable to move forward. So, whatever your goal, try these tips that can help you to move forward.
You need a new set of new eyes to help you find the way. Most of us do not know where you are going and which way will take you there. The new set of eyes consists of wisdom, knowledge and understanding to enable us communicate from a position of enlightenment.
You need to reenergize yourself. Well-considered health and wellbeing initiatives can boost performance. Team challenges, such as marathon running, clean up of the environment or mentorship of youth can improve team spirit so participate.
You need to shed off some things and baggage. Sometimes we carry things that confuse our lives including those that cloud our minds. If it is a task either delegate it, delete it or do it.
You require a rebirth by looking back to what you have achieved and what you want to achieve in the future. To rebirth, borrow from the defeathering of the eagle.
How Do you take yourself forward?
- Focus on doing only what matters. Leave out all that does not bring value to you. Do it so well that you have no reservations. It is Eleanor Roosevelt said, ‘Do one thing everyday that scares you because this is what makes a difference between you and others.’
- Seek out inspiration. Inspiration lifts that handbrake and brings more sense of freedom into our life. With freedom comes your sense of authenticity. Willingness to learn, grow and pursue your passion result as well. It isn’t easy to believe in yourself if there is very little inspiration in your life.
- Learn something new to enjoy the benefits that come with it. Among the benefits to expect is an improvement of your brain function. Research shows there are several ways to improve the health of your brain and learning something new is one of them.
- Research what other people do in your field. This will help you identify problems that are hindering performance or the ability to complete tasks as well as evaluate resources and the best way to utilize those resources to promote increased efficiency. It is also through research that you can come up with new services or products while identifying the needs of a company’s target customer to better meet those needs through products and services.
To conclude let us remember the following quotes:
- You never change your life until you step out from your comfort zone
- Change begins at the end of your comfort zone
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.