The year 2021 is about to end. In a few weeks time we will bid bye to 2021 and we shall welcome the incoming year. For some individuals, the yearly date change — adding another year to life’s count — puts a more prominent spotlight on long haul objectives than occupied lives generally permit.
For some, this prompts the practice of New Year’s goals, an opportunity to consider our advancement on turning into the “best self” many individuals desire to accomplish before their days’ over. How do you define finishing strong? Here are a few ways you define it,
- Commitment: If you are not committed, you cannot finish strong. You need to be committed in building all your relationships as the year ends. Care about all your loved ones, ensure they are all well in all aspects of their lives. That way you will be able to know how to rebuild the relationships that are important to you but were struggling in the year 2021,
- Integrity: We are at a point in life where people do not trust people. Always make sure you tell the truth to everyone who is around you and make sure that you always deliver what you promised each and every person in your life. Do not over promise because if you do, you will fail to deliver and that will make you a person who is not of integrity.
- Excellence: Whatever you decide to do, always do to your maximum. Do it in an excellent way.
For you to get a fulfilling and successful 2022, you need to finish the year on a high and strategic note. So, how do you finish strong as a person?
- Do not beat yourself for the things you have not achieved in 2021 – What you need to do is to refocus on your mind and start planning for the New Year.
- Review the relationships that you have with everyone around you – Rethink on how you can rebuild up better and stronger relationships in 2022.
- You need to have a stable state of mind, focus and know what exactly you want achieve as an individual – Pick the very things that actually inspire you.
- Create time to plan for the incoming year – You should visualize, plan and choose the right partners to help you attain your new goals. Proverbs 13:20 “He who walks with the wise will become wise, but the champion of fools will be destroyed.”
- You need to be accountable – Increase this by checking what you have achieved in all aspects of life for the year 2021. It is called doing a personal audit.
- Reset your motivation – You need to identify what motivates you and run away with it. Whether it is dancing, reading a book, singing etc.
Each of these things will help you finish your 2021 strategically and have a less chaotic 2022. Try not to turn up ill equipped and let the New Year simply happen to you. Conclude what you ask for from it and plan how you will get it. Then, at that point, go get it!
George Wachiuri is a leading Entrepreneur, a Published Author, Philanthropist, Youth Empowerment Enthusiast, a Family man and CEO of Optiven Group.