Power outages in Kenya have become a major problem. They come at a time when we are watching our favorite TV program. Your phone could have lost charge, hence you are not able to recharge, and maybe leading to missing that all important call. You may have carried work home to work on your laptop but you cannot complete it because the laptop battery has reached its critical level and gone off. With lights off, staying in the darkness for long can be very irritating.
Welcome to My Blog
Happiness boils down to your outlook on life. It is also determined by the quality of your relationship and very basic amenities like good governance and good utilization of community resources. Happiness is never determined by the amount of money you have, properties that you own or investments that you own. How do you unlock the happiness with you?
- Be Optimistic – be always grateful for the things that you have. Always view the glass half
- Word of mouth – this is a very effective strategy as enjoy telling people what you do. It’s very important that in your 60 seconds introduction of yourself, mention what you do and tell people why they should give you business. Remember people do not buy products or services, they buy benefits. Do not sell hand bags sell lifestyles, Do not sell plots but sell investments. Just be creative and package what you are selling
Good morning my great fans. Let us thank God for giving us yet another Day. This is a priceles gift.Do it yourself – A friend of mine was sharing with me on how he started a TV Station called YOUTH TV. He explained to me how in the the first one year he was the designer, producer, photographer, youth mobilizer, accountant and he was literally everything. He had difficulties but today his digital youth TV have got hundreds of followers. Yes, you can start something and do it yourself. I personally have done it and it works. I challenge you to start and you will see how creative you can be within you. In fact you are already a resource by yourself. You are a human capital so you have the capital right now. Make yourself flexible and turn your dreams into action, activities and eureka, you will be doing business transactions.
Creativity – try something new and do not copy others. This will make you different and unique and hence ability to compete well in the market place. When thinking of a business to engage in, explore options and do a thorough evaluation. Have a list of your dream businesses, shortlist the top five and come up with one that align with your passion and zeal. It is good to settle on a business venture that you can do even if you are not paid for it
George Wachiuri is the founder and C.E.O Optiven Group. He is an astute Business man & Entrepreneur, Author, Motivator, Philanthropist,Lecturer, serves in the Church as an Elder among others.
- Currently Pursuing PhD Degree at Jomo Kenyatta University of Technology (JKUAT)
- Masters of Business Administration from University of Nairobi
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Option)
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K).
- Awarded a global award in the US Mashujaa Awards (Business & Entrepreneurship category) as the Best & Most Innovative Entrepreneur.
- Awarded the Best & Most Entrepreneurial Student at the University of Nairobi in 1997.
- Over 17 Years working experience
- Worked with International firms e.g. United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF), International Organization for Migration (IOM), Lutheran World Federation (LWF), World Vision Somalia (WVS), And leading local companies like Uchumi Chain of Supermarkets
- He has lectured at Daystar University
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA)
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Property Developers Association
- A member of board of Brookhurst International School
George Wachiuri has authored three books
- First one titled – Soaring like an Eagle
- Second one – Unleash your Full potential
- George has authored the third book Heal our land in Collaboration with Sam Okello From Sahel Publishers
The proceeds from these Books go to Optiven Foundation, a charity that gives back to the Society through Sponsoring Bright needy average Students, Promotion of Health, Poverty alleviation, among others.”
Your success depend on your attitude towards life. You are able to be what you want. You have the capacity within you to be the best. You can be a person of great influence. You are the best God ever created. Read this book and your life will never be the same again. You will be extremely encouraged. It will make you change your perception about your own life…
The Book costs Ksh 1,000 at Tuskys Supermarkets or from the author at Optiven Ltd , Barclays Plaza, 14th Floor
They Never Fail To Lead. Bold leaders lead. They set an example for the rest of their team to follow. They don’t expect more of their team than they do of themselves. Bold leaders are always in front exhibiting the commitment and the work ethic that shines the way forward.
They Are Never Lukewarm. Bold leaders are also people with passion. When their gut tells them that their mission is on target they explode with enthusiasm that carries others along with them.
- The key to great physical health is to eat less and exercise more every day. Morning exercise is preferred.
- Top performers work-out for not less than 30 minutes a day
- Avoid going to Bed immediately after eating. Have at least three hours gap
- Finally get regular medical check ups. The same way you take your car to gurage, take yourself for check up.
If you follow this I assure you that you will stay alert, feel better, get more motivated, feel fresh and you will live enthusiastic life.
- Self made billionaires work 7 days in a week
- Hard work open more success doors (I will serialise a story soon of a class four dropout was selling mitumba in ngara and he now import cars and he just bought his second house in the up-market)
- Research shows that an average person waste 50 % of their time.
- Today make a point of reclaiming three hours. .how? Inbox me and I will explain
- If you work in the office set up, avoid early morning meetings
I wish you a great day as you refocus your life.
- Goal setting gives you focus and concentration
- Goal setting enhance your ability and clarity on what you want
- Goal setting guides you on what you want in life
- Goal setting answers the question “why I am here? “
- Goal setting reprogram your subconscious mind