George Wachiuri is the founder and C.E.O Optiven Group. He is an astute Business man & Entrepreneur, Author, Motivator, Philanthropist,Lecturer, serves in the Church as an Elder among others.
- Currently Pursuing PhD Degree at Jomo Kenyatta University of Technology (JKUAT)
- Masters of Business Administration from University of Nairobi
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Option)
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K).
- Awarded a global award in the US Mashujaa Awards (Business & Entrepreneurship category) as the Best & Most Innovative Entrepreneur.
- Awarded the Best & Most Entrepreneurial Student at the University of Nairobi in 1997.
- Over 17 Years working experience
- Worked with International firms e.g. United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF), International Organization for Migration (IOM), Lutheran World Federation (LWF), World Vision Somalia (WVS), And leading local companies like Uchumi Chain of Supermarkets
- He has lectured at Daystar University
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA)
- Sits as a Board Member at the Kenya Property Developers Association
- A member of board of Brookhurst International School
George Wachiuri has authored three books
- First one titled – Soaring like an Eagle
- Second one – Unleash your Full potential
- George has authored the third book Heal our land in Collaboration with Sam Okello From Sahel Publishers
The proceeds from these Books go to Optiven Foundation, a charity that gives back to the Society through Sponsoring Bright needy average Students, Promotion of Health, Poverty alleviation, among others.”